Tuesday 14 April 2015

Marginal Gains Experiment Part II

A long while back, I started a series of posts attempting to better my behavioural expectations in the classroom. 

Since that series, I have moved schools out of London and to a new post as Head of a Department at an expanding school. Despite the many challenges, a looming OFSTED inspection and a new bunch of students to form a relationship with, I have come to realise that I need to ensure my teaching still needs to develop. Therefore, due to a new updated book by Doug Lemov, I have decided to rekindle the series of blog posts.

Although the last series of posts were focussed on behavioural expectations, I am now moving the series onto 'Academic Ethos'. I have previously attempted to use many of these techniques in my practice previously, However, I have applied them quite haphazardly and feel like I should be more disciplined about my approach in order to get the best out of them. I've therefore decided to apply these techniques with a 'marginal gains' approach; focussing on a select few at a time and altering my practice to ensure I improve upon specific areas.

I am going to write notes to remind me to use the techniques, but more importantly, make sure I record how I am adapting them to my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment